Today is the Day!
It’s March 9th! Today is the day that we kick off our Global Giving Project that we told you about a couple of days ago.
The purpose of this project is to help seven single parents complete their college degrees this year and increase the number of single parents we assist. Now we know that sometimes you may feel like there’s always a need and you just can’t help everyone, but we would like to offer another perspective.
Yes, there is always a need, BUT you have single-handedly met the needs of 195 people SUCCESSFULLY! In Gwinnett County alone, less than 30% of single-parent students are graduating, but YOU have an 80% graduation rate! You aren’t making a small difference, you are making a HUGE difference!!
This project will give you the option to keep doing what you’ve been doing and impact more lives, but it will also open the opportunity to others that may want to help too!
What do we need you to do? (1) We need you to go to our Global Giving Project: Empower & Equip Single Parents Enrolled in College and commit to offering one of the following gifts to our single parents…
- $10 to help a single parent open a savings account
- $25 to provide financial training for a single parent
- $50 provides counseling for a single parent
- $100 provides a full weeks worth of childcare
- $250 shelters a single parent and their children for one month
- $1,000 secures childcare for a year!
REMEMBER YOU HAVE TO DONATE THROUGH OUR PROJECT SITE, NOT OUR WEBSITE FOR THE GIFT TO COUNT.
(2) Become our ambassador and share your donation on your social media sites, encouraging others to join you. They say child-rearing takes a village, well I’m convinced that fundraising does too. The great thing about our village is that you’re always there!
We have two weeks to reach our goal of $5,000 from 40 different donors! Will you make it happen? I’m confident that you will.
Kenita Smith, BBA, MBA, MBA
President/CEO and Founder
P.S. It’s kick-off day! We need 40 donors to go to our Global Giving Project: Empower & Equip Single Parents Enrolled in College and help us reach our project goal of $5,000!